Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite comfort foods. Quick and easy to make. I've also added canned or frozen carrots, potatoes. Or just use a can of VegAll. If you add extra veggies, you may want to add just a little more sour cream & milk.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I like to use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package biscuits, any kind you like
- Mix all ingredients together in an 11x7-inch dish, except cheese and biscuits.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture, and top with biscuits.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425° or until done.
This was a good and easy dish to do. I was not too sure what biscuits you used. I used a bought Pilsbury type. I found it would have over cooked on top and under cooked on the bottom if I had not flipped them over half way through cooking. Also added some leftover cranberry sauce. Glad you shared the recipe.
Very good with hot sauce on the side! I heated the soup/chix mixture very hot, poured into warm casserole dish before topping with biscuits. This way the biscuits will begin cooking from both sides. Same trick can be used when baking a quiche....warm the custard first, carefully, then pour over cheese. Will cook evenly and not just from the outside in.
I absolutely loved this recipe. I added some corn and fresh carrots which gave it a nice crunch. While the chicken was cooking, I sprinkled alittle celery seed on it and the flavour was fabulous. I did what the recipe said to increase sour cream and milk and it turned out perfect. I combined everythng and cooked it for 15mins. at the same time I wanted to make sure the biscuits were cooked on the bottom so I cooked them for 5 mins. when halfway through being cooked I took everything out of the stove and arranged the biscuits on top of chicken mix and continued to cook for the rest of the cooking time for the biscuits which came out a beautiful golden brown color. There was nothing left over my husband just kept going for plate after plate. This was simple and defintely a keeper!! Thanx a bunch.