Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A comforting loaf of browned biscuit filled with steamy savoury beef...mmm. Try it with DiB's Biscuit Crust recipe. Serve with hot beef gravy.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) can mushroom pieces (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup relish
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (12 count) biscuit dough
- your favorite gravy
- Brown beef.
- Add all ingredients except flour, dough and gravy.
- Cook 5-10 minutes and rain fat.
- Stir in flour and add 1/3 cup water or milk.
- Cook until thickened and remove from heat.
- Roll out dough into 12x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread meat keeping a 1/2 inch border free.
- Roll up jelly-roll style and moisten edge or pinch to seal.
- Brush with egg for a gleaming brown finish.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Serve cut in slices.