Recipe by Olha
Serve this dish to a large crowd with Spicy shrimp with Honey Mustard Sauce and Tempura Vegetables. For a spicy bite, add 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes to the batter prior to frying.
SAVORY DILL SAUCE
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup light colored beer
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- *Preheat oven to 200°F.
- *16 cup saucepan or deep fryer.
- *Candy/deep fry thermometer.
- SAVORY DILL SAUCE: In a food processor, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice and dill. Process until smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- ZUCCHINI BITES: In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat about 4 inches of oil until thermometer registers 360°F.
- In a large bowl, blend biscuit mix, beer and sugar to make a smooth batter. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Dip zucchini pieces, one at a time, into beer mixture, coating all sides. Place in hot oil, 4 at a time, and deep fry for 15 seconds per side. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Transfer to an ovenproof platter and keep warm in preheated oven. Make sure oil is the correct temperature before adding each batch. Serve with Savory dill Sauce. Serves 8.
- TIP: Use zucchini that are the same diameter so they will fry evenly.
- 125 best biscuit mix recipes.