Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from my mum (not sure where she got it) She makes it every time she goes to a party, it is always a big hit. She recently made it when she was overseas for some friends and they were very sceptical at first but after trying, loved it and asked for the recipe. It sounds like a lot of cream, but doesn't taste so creamy when it is frozen.
- 500 ml thickening cream
- 1 packet paradise cottage hazelnut cookie (or similar no cream filled)
- liquor, of your choice for dunking biscuits (I use Tia Maria)
- 100 g of grated chocolate (I use Cadbury flake)
- Lie approximately 40cm aliminum foil on a flat surface (enough to fully cover the log you will make) Whip the cream until thick Place a thick strip of the thickened cream in the middle of the aliminum foil Dunk the edges of a biscuit in the liquor, cover both sides of the biscuit with the thickened cream Place the biscuit standing upright into one end of the cream strip Repeat with the next biscuit but only covering one side with cream Press the biscuit into the cream of the first biscuit so the cream covered side is facing out.
- Repeat this process until there are no biscuits left.
- You will have a biscuit, cream, biscuit sandwich effect With the remaining cream, cover the entire log in cream.
- Grate the chocolate and cover the entire log Now wrap the log in the aliminum foil and place into the freezer until ready to be used.