Recipe by akcooker
I started making these when I was first married, over 30 years ago. They are great appetizers for football or sporting event parties with many hungry people. I also make these for a quick dinner to serve with canned tomato soup.
Top Review by DeSouter
A very nice way to use the remainder of the holiday ham and some Emmenthaler cheese. I unfortunately had forgotten to buy biscuits, and used crescent rolls instead. They turned out great. Thanks.
- 10 slices ham (very thin slices)
- 6 ounces swiss cheese (10 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap each cube of cheese with one slice of ham.
- Flatten a biscuit with palm of hand and wrap around the cheese and ham to enclose totally in a ball of dough.
- Press edges of dough together securely and place seam side down on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until brown.
- These can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake, but baking time to should be increased for a couple of minutes, and they may need to be covered with foil to keep from excessive browning.
- (You can also use smoked turkey instead of the ham, or vary the type of cheese.).