Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I started making these when I was first married, over 30 years ago. They are great appetizers for football or sporting event parties with many hungry people. I also make these for a quick dinner to serve with canned tomato soup.
- 10 slices ham (very thin slices)
- 6 ounces swiss cheese (10 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- Wrap each cube of cheese with one slice of ham.
- Flatten a biscuit with palm of hand and wrap around the cheese and ham to enclose totally in a ball of dough.
- Press edges of dough together securely and place seam side down on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until brown.
- These can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake, but baking time to should be increased for a couple of minutes, and they may need to be covered with foil to keep from excessive browning.
- (You can also use smoked turkey instead of the ham, or vary the type of cheese.).
A very nice way to use the remainder of the holiday ham and some Emmenthaler cheese. I unfortunately had forgotten to buy biscuits, and used crescent rolls instead. They turned out great. Thanks.
Just what I was looking for. Delicious Thanks
Everyone loved these at our Eagles Playoffs gathering. I doubled the recipe and used ham with cheddar cheese. It was so easy, my daughters (14 and 10) made them and really had fun. The only problem was the cheese oozed out the bottom a little, causing the bottom to get a little too brown. Next time (and there will be a next time!), I think I'll use the upper oven rack instead of the middle. They took 7 minutes in my oven. Thanks for sharing!