Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is something that is very popular with drinks at a party.
- 1 (12 ounce) package ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning or 2 teaspoons dried Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking or cookie sheet.
- Open the biscuit package and separate into 10 biscuits.
- Split each biscuit in half to make 20 rounds.
- Arrange the rounds on the baking sheet.
- Brush with the egg, and top with the cheese and the pizza seasoning.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Note: Although dried Parmesan cheese can be used, it doesn't work as well.
These were pretty tasty, although I didn't find them the least bit reminiscent of focaccia. I couldn't make up my mind, so I used 1t pizza seasoning - for the flavor, plus 1t dried ital. dressing, for the saltiness. For personal preference, if I made these again, I might use 2t pizza seasoning plus 1.5t dressing. The recipe didn't say what to do with the butter, so I drizzled it over each biscuit - what could be bad! Thanks, Mirj, for a tasty, fun and easy recipe!