Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray by Liz Pearson (Slightly altered)
- 1⁄2 extra virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces pre-cooked breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 pieces refrigerated jumbo biscuit dough
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat breakfast sausage in the microwave.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan with the olive oil. Place 1 piece biscuit dough into a large resealable plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, roll into a 1/8-inch-thick disk. Remove dough from the bag and transfer to the prepared pie pan. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces, pinching the pieces together in the pan to form a crust.
- Chop breakfast sausage and onion and combine in a large bowl. Add oregano and cheese; spread evenly over the crust. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture and bake until set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.