Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really good for pot pies, veggie or meat.
Make and share this Biscuit Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup cold milk
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter to resemble coarse cornmeal.
- Add the milk and quickly stir to gather dough into a ball.
- Gently, on a lightly floured board roll out to fit the pie plate or top of a deep dish pie.
- **Ifyou need this partially baked roll the biscuit dough 1/4 inch thick, place lined pie plate/dish in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, fill and continue recipe for pie.
This was so easy to work with and made a beautiful crust for Cheeseburger Pie. I used 1/2 C whole wheat flour and 1/2 c all purpose flour with great results. I did add about 1 Tbsp water to incorporate the ingredients. I will definitely use this recipe again, thanks Dibs!
Beautiful crust! I used it for a topping for Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Delicious Chicken Pot Pie. Had to add a wee bit more liquid but that could just be the dry weather conditions here currently but really was quite lovely. I may reduce the salt some next time as I found it a bit on the salty side.
This crust was num num. I added some grated cheese to mine for a topping on some stew. I was only making enough for me and one other so I had some dough left over. I formed some biscusts and they turned out really nicely as well. I will use this again. Thanks:)