Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect biscuit cobbler topping.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Topping sufficient for a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake cobbler at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.
- make topping just before you are ready to put it on: Mix together dry ingredients and cut in butter until resembles coarse meal (can be done in food processor).
- Whisk egg into milk.
- Stir in milk and egg until just blended.
- Spoon topping on in dollops.
- Return to oven until biscuits are done.
This is a great topping for a blueberry/blackberry cobbler I made for DS's birthday. I also sprinkled just a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg on the top. Great flavor. Thanks Toni. Made for Phototag~