Recipe by Sandra Hyde
A very "more-ish" biscuit (or cookie) which goes very well as a dipping biscuit (sweet). My friends keep coming back for more. From an old recipe book from 17th Century
- 4 ounces self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon crushed anise seed
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the sugar with the eggs.
- Sift the flour into the mix and stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Makes a batter.
- Drop the batter in teaspoonfuls onto a greased plate or baking tray.
- Bake them in a preheated oven (Mark4/177C/350F) for 10- 15 minutes, or until they are beginning to brown around the edges.
- As soon as they start browning around the edges, remove the tray from the oven, slip the biscuits off with a knife or egg slicer, turn them over and return them to oven for only a few minutes to harden them.