Recipe by Sonya01
you could put icing on these for the colour of your cause. pink = breast cancer or maybe colouring in the dough?
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup custard powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar icing
- 2 teaspoons finely-grated lemon rind
- 80 g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- powdered sugar icing, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine flour, custard powder, icing sugar, lemon rind and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of cold water. Process until dough comes together, adding an extra tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Turn onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Roll dough out to 3mm thickness. Cut into 14cm x 1cm lengths. Twist into bow shapes, brushing with a little water at join. Place on prepared tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.