Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
We serve these with chili all the time. Great for dunking or floating in soups.
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Generously grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cheese and mix well. Add salsa, margarine and water and stir just until blended.
- Knead dough gently on lightly floured surface just until smooth. Press or roll out dough to 12- x 6-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 2- x 1-inch strips with sharp knife or pizza cutter. Place strips about 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
These were great as munchies & finger food with a dip, & that's how I served them this first time around! Tasty buggers, too, what with the cheddar & salsa combo! When I make these again, & I will, I'll cut them into 1" squares to have with a bowl of soup or chili! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]