Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from Kevinandamanda.com. I have to admit from the get-go, I have not tried this recipe prior to posting the recipe, which is very unlike me. I have faith in this recipe however; due to all the yummy components. I hope to try this soon, in the meantime, I have to share this with the masses. :) Enjoy!
- 340.19 g package biscuits, flaky (Grands Golden layers)
- 236.59 ml butter flavor shortening, for frying
- 118.32 ml butter
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 44.37 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
- Melt butter in a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and whisk until sugar melts and mixture begins to boil, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, and pecans until smooth. Set aside.
- Separate biscuits and cut into forths.
- In heavy bottomed skillet, melt the shortening over medium heat until it reaches 325 degrees F.
- Fry biscuit quarters in batches until golden on each side. Biscuits will cook very quickly.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar and serve immediately with praline sauce.