Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are great Biscotti's served with a dipping sauce,. Included in the recipe are two version's of the sauce, regular and Adult version. The Recipe comes courtesy of our local news paper
- 78.07 ml butter
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar or 59.14 ml Splenda granular
- 14.79 ml instant coffee granules
- 2 large eggs or 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 473.18 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Grasshopper Dipping Sauce
- 113.39 g marshmallow cream
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml peppermint extract
- 0.19 ml green food coloring (or more)
- 113.39 g marshmallow creme
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml creme de menthe
- 14.79 ml Creme de Cacao
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, sugar and coffee granules, mix at mediun speed with electric mixer until creamy; beat in eggs until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, add vanilla and mix until well blended; Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, (325 convection).
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a 10-inch-by-2-inch log, (dough will be very soft---for easy handling, dust hands with flour) Place dough on baking sheet that has been sprayed with pan spray; bake each log for 25 minutes (15-20 for convection) or until firm.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks and cool completely; When cool, carefully cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices with a serratered knife; Return to baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees (325 convection) for 5 to 10 minutes, turn over and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, cool on wire racks; store in air tight container or plastic bag.
- Grasshopper dipping Sauce:Mix all ingredients together, keeps indefinitely in refrigerator; Adult version, Mix all ingredients until smooth, enjoy.