1 hr 30 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
These are great Biscotti's served with a dipping sauce,. Included in the recipe are two version's of the sauce, regular and Adult version. The Recipe comes courtesy of our local news paper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 large eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Grasshopper Dipping Sauce
- 4 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (or more)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, sugar and coffee granules, mix at mediun speed with electric mixer until creamy; beat in eggs until blended.
- 2Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, add vanilla and mix until well blended; Fold in chocolate chips.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees, (325 convection).
- 4Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a 10-inch-by-2-inch log, (dough will be very soft---for easy handling, dust hands with flour) Place dough on baking sheet that has been sprayed with pan spray; bake each log for 25 minutes (15-20 for convection) or until firm.
- 5Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks and cool completely; When cool, carefully cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices with a serratered knife; Return to baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees (325 convection) for 5 to 10 minutes, turn over and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, cool on wire racks; store in air tight container or plastic bag.
- 6Grasshopper dipping Sauce:Mix all ingredients together, keeps indefinitely in refrigerator; Adult version, Mix all ingredients until smooth, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscotti With Grasshopper Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g