1 hr 10 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
Originated in Sicily...now a popular cookie all over Italy. Recipe source Italian Food Forever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Butter two baking sheets, or place silicon baking sheets on them.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4With an electric mixer on low speed, add the butter until blended.
- 5Whisk together the eggs, zest and vanilla, and add this to the flour mixture, and continue beating on low until you have a smooth dough.
- 6Pinch off a small piece of dough about the size of a small golf ball and roll it into a log about 2 inches long.
- 7Roll the log into the sesame seeds, pressing them so seeds stay on.
- 8Place the cookie on the prepared baking sheets keeping the cookies two inches apart.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool, and store in airtight containers. (or cookies freezer very well!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscotti Regina (Sesame Seed Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (1263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1406.8
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 227.7 mg
- Sodium 360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 26.1 g