1 hr 30 mins
Found this in the Sopranos Family Cookbook. Wonderful biscotti-like cookie. You need a hand mixer with 2 rotary blades to mix the butter into the flour mixture, that does take a bit of time, KitchenAid with one blade won't work. Also cut the butter into small cubes first and then allow it to soften, eggs should be room temp too. I found making all the logs first (lay them down a wax paper) was the best way or have someone make the logs for you then you dip in milk and sesame seeds will make the process go faster. You won't regret the time it takes to make them. Have a glass of wine, express, or tea with your biscotti....whatever make you :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 375°F; butter and flour two large baking sheets.
- 2Pour milk into a shallow bowl. Spread sesame seeds on a piece of wax paper. Set aside.
- 3In the large bowl of an electric mixer, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. On Low speed, beat in the butter a little at a time.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, and orange zest. Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- 5Pinch off a piece of dough the size of a golf ball and shape into a log 2 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch thick.
- 6Dip the log in the milk, then roll it in the sesame seeds. Place on a prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Continue with the remaining dough, placing cookies about 1 inch apart.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until well browned. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscotti Regina (Sesame Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (1462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 54.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g