A great hard biscuit with a twinge of hotness! A staple in Italian delis and "pastosas".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water.
- 2Sift flour salt and pepper onto mixing board.
- 3Make a well in the center and add yeast and oil.
- 4Blend together and gradually incorporate into flour.
- 5The dough will be stiff.
- 6Knead 10 minutes.
- 7Place in oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover with towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- 8Preheat oven to 375º.
- 9Break off small pieces of dough and roll into ropes about 6 inches long.
- 10Form a ring and pinch edges together.
- 11Place on baking sheet and let rise 20 minutes.
- 12Brush with oil and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscotti Di Pepe - Taralli - Italian Pepper Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.5
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g