Top Review by Fran Myers
They came out just wonderful! I had to use about a half a cup more flour because it seemed to sticky. But then I thought maybe my eggs were too large, I did use the jumbo's. But the cookie was the best flavor, just perfect.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons anise seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups blanched almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl place the butter and sugar, and cream them together.
- One at a time add the eggs and beat them in.
- Add the anise seeds and mix them in.
- Add the vanilla and anisette and beat them in.
- In a mixing bowl place the flour and baking powder, and mix them together.
- Add the flour to butter mixture. Combine the ingredients together well.
- Add the almonds and stir them in well.
- Form the dough into a flat loaf.
- Cover it and place it in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat the oven to 375xF.
- Place the loaf on a cookie sheet and bake it for 20 minutes, or until it is firm.
- Remove the loaf and let it cool.
- Slice it diagonally into 3/4" thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 375xF.
- Place the slices on a cookie sheet and bake them for 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Let them cool before serving.