4 hrs 50 mins
A much softer-textured biscotti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SPONGE
FOR THE DOUGH
- 1Make the sponge: In the bowl of an electric mixer proof the yeast in the water for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is foamy.
- 2Whisk in the flour and let the sponge stand, covered with plastic wrap, for 30 minutes or until itis foamy.
- 3To the sponge, add the sugar, the water and the butter and stir the mixture until it is combined well.
- 4Add the flour, the aniseed, and the salt and with the electric mixer fitted with the dough hook knead the dough for 3 minutes, or until it is smooth but still sticky.
- 5Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, turning it to coat it with the oil, and let it rise, covered tightly with plastic wrap, for 1 1/2 hours, or until it is double in bulk.
- 6Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, halve it, and with floured hands form each piece of dough into a flattish log 15 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- 7Transfer the logs to a buttered and floured baking sheetand let them rise, covered with a kitchen towel, for 2 hours, or until they are double in bulk.
- 8Bake the logs in the middle of a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown, and let them cool on the baking sheet on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 9On a cutting board cut the logs crosswise on the diagonal into 1 inch thick slices, arrange the biscotti, cut sides down, on the baking sheet and bake them in the 350F oven for 10 minutes on each side, or until they are pale golden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscotti Del Laggaccio
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g