Recipe by AltB
My great-grandmothers recipe from Italy. Yummy, and so addictive! Everyone likes them or loves them!
Top Review by redjenmt
I made this with almonds and I'm going to try pistachios next. It was EXCELLENT and the texture was perfect. I topped about half the batch with melted chocolate chips, which was also good. Due to lack of reading comprehension, I made a whole bunch of 1 inch logs and baked them, thinking it was a strange way to do biscotti... about halfway through I realized how dense I was and just laughed it off. I ended up with tons of little 2-bite biscottis, which were really rather cute! I may make them that way again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups soft wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts are my favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet with sides) with cookie spray. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and eggs.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and slowly add to butter mixture.
- Add walnuts (or whichever nuts you prefer).
- Turn dough onto floured surface; divide dough in half. Knead on half at a time, and roll into a 1' log. Place onto prepared sheet. Repeat with the other remaining half of dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take out of oven and cut into 1" wide slices. Lay on their sides and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before eating. Enjoy!