Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
*similar to delta airlines cookies*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves), baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on low speed. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend the flour mixture into the butter mixture until it is well combined.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. From here, you can either bake it as a large sheet of cookies to cut later, or, you can use cookie cutters to make cookie shapes.
- If you choose to bake it as a large sheet, bake for 20-25 minutes. Cut out cookies to shape as desired.
- If you choose to bake it as shapes, place dough shapes onto parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack before serving. These are best once they have cooled.