Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a family friend and is being saved so that I don't have to go searching for it come Christmas time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Using a food processor, grind 1 cup of nuts to coarse cornmeal texture. Transfer to a medium size bowl. Using either the food processor or chopping by hand, coarsely chop the remaining cup of nuts. Transfer to the same bowl and add the flour and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, either using hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter and superfine sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract. With mixer on low, slowly add the flour-nut mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl and beaters, then continue to beat on low speed until the dough is cohesive.
- 4Working with one tablespoon at a time, press and roll dough together into balls and lay on prepared sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- 5Bake cookies until pale gold and the bottoms are just beginning to brown, about 18 minutes, switching and rotating baking sheets halfway through the baking.
- 6Let cookies cook on the cooking sheet for 10 minutes, then move to cooling rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 7Using either a bowl or a paper bag filled with confectioners’ sugar, roll the cookies to coat. Just before serving, re-roll and gently shake off any excess.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscochitos (Mexican Wedding Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (968 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1261.3
- Calories from Fat 763
- Total Fat 84.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 445.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 62.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g