Recipe by ladyinred
One evening I came home from work and had a craving for some spicy biryani. Now anyone who has ever cooked biryani knows it takes ages to make. That day I used ingredients in my kitchen to cook this in half an hour
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup Ragu tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons biryani masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin coriander powder
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (corn,carrots,peas n beans)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 onion, thinly sliced lenghtwise and fried till brown
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 teaspoons leftover green chutney
- 2 teaspoons ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 1/2 the ghee.
- Stir fry the cumin seeds. When they sizzle add the chopped onion. Cook for a minute.
- Add the garlic ginger, cashew nuts, tomato sauce, green chutney/mint leaves,yogurt, all the spices except for the garam masala. cook for 4 mins until you get a wonderful aroma.
- Put paste in a blender and blend till smooth.
- In a fresh pan heat the rest of the ghee.
- Add the paste fry till the oil starts oozing out from the paste.
- Add the veggies. Add a little water if required and cook till the veggies are done.
- Add the garam masala. Take off the heat.
- Mix the rice into the veggies.
- Garnish with sliced fried onions.