Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My step dad ALWAYS made me a spice cake for my birthday, with a caramel over it. I can't eat enough of this to make me 13 again, but it helps with turning 30 too early.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all the ingredients together until completely blended. Bake at 350 f for 50 minutes, or until a fork in the middle is mostly clean.
- For the caramel sauce, see my other recipe.
This cake was very tasty. As the directions did not specify what size pan should be used I chose to make this in a greased and floured 9X13 pan. This size only required 30 minutes to be done. I left out the optional walnuts, but bet they would be great in this cake. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Delicious! My Mother had a tomato soup cake recipe years ago, but I'm not sure if it was just the same. I don't think so.
I made this for work with the frosting recipe and everyone loved it.