Recipe by MissGolightly
This is a family recipe of a former roommate of mine. She was a little cooking-challenged, so she had her Mom teach me all her favorite recipes so I could fix them for her! I used to make this every year for her birthday.
- 4 -6 skinless chicken breasts (with bone)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil together. Brown chicken breasts, remove, and keep warm.
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, coriander, and cayenne and black pepper.
- Add brown sugar, tomato paste, and chicken broth.
- Return breasts to skillet, cover, and simmer for 30 minute.
- Remove chicken, boil sauce down for about 5 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender (1/2 at a time), then return to pan.
- Add peanut butter to melt, mix well.
- Reheat chicken breasts and serve over rice.