1/3 Photos of Birthday Party Chow
A fun colorful way to celebrate the big day. Great for classroom parties too.You can always change the color or type of sprinkles used to celebrate any holiday or occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Measure the cereal and put in a very large bowl.
- 22. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan.
- 33. Add the corn syrup and water. Stir.
- 44. Add the sugar. Make sure not to let any sugar stick to the edges of the pan. If one grain of sugar is left undissolved, it can cause the whole batch to crystallize.
- 55. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 245-255 degrees.
- 6(Please use a candy thermometer). It is important for the mixture to reach this temperature, if it doesnï¿½t the candy will not harden properly.
- 76. Add the baking soda and stir quickly as the mixture begins to bubble. Once bubbly and frothy, remove the pan from heat.
- 87. Add the flavor until mixed.
- 98. Pour over the cereal. Fold into the cereal until evenly coated.
- 109.Drizzle melted white chocolate while gently stiring.
- 119. Add the sprinkles, if you add them too early they will melt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Birthday Party Chow
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 235.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: