1/3 Photos of Birthday Dinner Meatloaf
My hubby and kiddos ALWAYS ask me to make this. Since I can't make it every night, as per request, I tell them I will always make it on their birthdays and at least once a month!! I always have, on hand, the ingredients to make this which makes it easy too! Great recipe!
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to your liking)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (I have never made it with onion)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce (any will do, you can omit this, but I find it adds a special flavor)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup (sauce ingredients)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (sauce ingredients)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard (sauce ingredients)
- cooked rice, to spoon meat loaf over
- 1In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk.
- 2Stir in the cheese, onion, oats and salt.
- 3Add the meat and BBQ sauce and mix WELL with your hands.
- 4Shape into 6 equal size loaves (they will be round) and place in a greased (with PAM) 8 X 8 inch pan or glass dish.
- 5Sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients and stir well.
- 6Spoon sauce over each loaf so it is well covered. Leave a little sauce for putting over the rice.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 8Serve over rice -- ENJOY!
- 9**I always double the sauce ingredients so I can have extra to pour over the rice after it is cooked.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Birthday Dinner Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.9
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 1511.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g