Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use DIY Homemade Yellow Cake Mix From Pennies on a Platter
Make and share this Birthday Cake Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml yellow cake mix (homemade or the box kind)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml candy sprinkles, 1 . 75 oz bottle
FOR THE ICING (optional)
- whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, cake mix Recipe #488557, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk.
- Add the milk, butter and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until fully mixed.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Scoop portions of a scant 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle, leaving room for the batter to spread into larger rounds.
- When the pancakes begin to bubble, flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm until serving.
- Serve with syrup or optional icing.
- OPTIONAL ICING:.
- Mix together powdered sugar and whipping cream to reach desired consistency and taste.
- Pour over top individual stack of pancakes.