My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix (homemade or the box kind)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup candy sprinkles, 1 . 75 oz bottle
FOR THE ICING (optional)
- whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- 1Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, cake mix DIY Homemade Yellow Cake Mix, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
- 3In a separate medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk.
- 4Add the milk, butter and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- 5Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until fully mixed.
- 6Fold in the sprinkles.
- 7Scoop portions of a scant 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle, leaving room for the batter to spread into larger rounds.
- 8When the pancakes begin to bubble, flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm until serving.
- 10Serve with syrup or optional icing.
- 11OPTIONAL ICING:.
- 12Mix together powdered sugar and whipping cream to reach desired consistency and taste.
- 13Pour over top individual stack of pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Birthday Cake Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 394.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow cake mix