Recipe by *Alia*
My brother Loves vanilla cake flavored ice cream, so this was an experiment to see if we could recreate it. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself, and my brother and husband ate it all pretty quickly. Time does not include freeze time or chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups light cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla cake mix
- 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, flour and salt.
- Cook, stirring, on medium heat until slightly thickened (approximately 15 min).
- Stir a few tablespoons of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Return egg-milk mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Add cake mix vanilla and light cream to the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Churn-freeze and add sprinkles to the churning ice cream.