Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from a Bed and Breakfast site awhile back, while searching for a place for guests to stay. It is wonderful! I submitted it to another recipe site some time ago and received an award for posting such a yummy cake. Makes 1 tube pan or 2 layer cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice or 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups bananas, diced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For Hummingbird Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix dry ingredients, add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together, but Do Not beat.
- Bake in 350 degree oven- 1 hour& 20 minutes- (Tube pan is prettiest; however, 9" x 13" can be used) For Hummingbird Frosting: Mix Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar, fold in Cool Whip (Frosts 1 tube, 1 pan or 2 layer cakes).
This is very versitial, I made muffins rather than the cake, they were a real hit in lunches & froze well even with the icing. (I cut them in half & put the icing inside, this is easier to put in bags for lunches