Recipe by Doreen Randal
Top Review by Shire Born
This is wonderful! I used 1/2 cup of raw honey and no brown sugar as another reviewer said, and also used 3/4 cup of coconut oil and 1/4 cup of butter. Next time I'll probably go to 100% coconut oil. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, I'll definitely be making it again!
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 cup sultana
- 100 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the first four ingredients, one after another in a large frying pan, until toasted and lightly browned.
- Mix with sultanas in a large bowl.
- Heat butter, honey and brown sugar to the soft ball stage, then pour over mixture in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Press into pan so it is 2cm thick.
- When nearly cold, cut into bars.
- Store in airtight container.
- Cheers Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.