1/4 Photos of Bird's Thanksgiving Leftover Croquettes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups cooked turkey, chopped up (leftovers)
- 2 cups prepared stuffing (leftovers)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- flour, for dredging
- breadcrumbs, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying (may need more or less)
Sauce if not using leftover gravy
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1Mix the turkey, stuffing, and eggs well. Refrigerate 3 hours minimum.
- 2Create a 'log' shape from about 3/4 cup of mixture. Then gently drop onto the counter to flatten the bottom. (about 3" high, 2" in diameter).
- 3Roll the croquettes in flour, then bread crumbs. Fry in oil in deep skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides and bottom, about 10-15 minutes. Keep warm in 200 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- 4Sauce: (or you can use leftover gravy) Meanwhile, mix the can of soup with the half cup milk in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until warmed and creamy.
- 5Pour over croquettes or serve sauce on the side. Traditionally served atop mashed potatoes for a wonderful presentation.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird's Thanksgiving Leftover Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 155.4 mg
- Sodium 1219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 29.8 g