Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an old family favorite that we considered a Christmas cookie but my kids have a blast making the thumbprints so we make them all year round.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Add oats and flour; mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Make indentation in center of each ball with your thumb.
- Fill each thumbprint with 1/4 tsp preserves.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store loosely covered.