Recipe by foodart
Serve at Chinese wedding. Hong Kong and the United States are the largest importers of birds' nests charging between $30 and $100 per bowl of soup in Chinese restaurant and while a single kilogram of nest can cost between $2,000 and $10,000.
- 10 ounces fish base, dried bird nests
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken meat, small diced
- 1⁄2 cup straw mushroom, diced
- roux, cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bird’s nest overnight. Then remove water and clean.
- In a stockpot add cooking oil and boil the chicken stock then add in birds nest. Let it heat for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it heat for another 10 minutes. Add in cornstarch roux to lightly thicken the soup and stir in the chicken meat, mushrooms and turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.