Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's an easy one for ya. Plain and simple. I usually thinly slice the apples with the slicing disc on my food processor and away they go. Enjoy with a dip of your favorite ice cream.
- 4 -5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sour milk (To make sour milk, place 1 tablespoon white vinegar in a measuring cup; add enough milk to equal 1 c)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Divide apples evenly between two greased 9-inch pie plates; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, sour milk and egg; mix well.
- Divide batter and pour over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pies are lightly browned and test done.
- Immediately invert onto serving plates (so apples are on the top).
- Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples.
- Serve warm.
Yes you were right. This recipe was so easy and tasty too. It was enjoyed by everyone. I will be making this one again for sure. Thanks