Combine the taste of toasted coconut with colorful "M&M's" Chocolate Candies for Easter and get Yellow's favorite springtime dessert. Comes from the M&M Mars "Bright Ideas" website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy or 1 3/4 cups m&m chocolate-covered peanuts or 1 3/4 cups m&m chocolate-covered almonds or 1 3/4 cups m&m crispy chocolate decorative candies, for easter
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Spread coconut on non-greased cookie sheet.
- 3Toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until it turns light golden, about 25 minutes.
- 4Remove coconut from cookie sheet and set aside.
- 5Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- 6In large bowl, add butter and sugar and whip until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- 7In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- 8Blend into creamed mixture.
- 9Form dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- 10Roll heavily into toasted coconut.
- 11Place coconut cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- 12Make indentation with thumb in center of each cookie.
- 13Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Remove cookies and cool completely.
- 15Fill indentations with"M&M's"® Chocolate Candies for Easter.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird's Nest Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 100.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g