Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Combine the taste of toasted coconut with colorful "M&M's" Chocolate Candies for Easter and get Yellow's favorite springtime dessert. Comes from the M&M Mars "Bright Ideas" website.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy or 1 3⁄4 cups m&m chocolate-covered peanuts or 1 3⁄4 cups m&m chocolate-covered almonds or 1 3⁄4 cups m&m crispy chocolate decorative candies, for easter
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread coconut on non-greased cookie sheet.
- Toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until it turns light golden, about 25 minutes.
- Remove coconut from cookie sheet and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- In large bowl, add butter and sugar and whip until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Blend into creamed mixture.
- Form dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Roll heavily into toasted coconut.
- Place coconut cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Make indentation with thumb in center of each cookie.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies and cool completely.
- Fill indentations with"M&M's"® Chocolate Candies for Easter.