- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry shrimp on a layer of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place shrimp in a bowl and toss with paprika. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over med-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add wine, salt and pepper and reduce by half. Add shrimp and cook on one side about 2-3 minutes to sear. Do not shake the pan at this point and it's important not to overcrowd the shrimp to sear and caramelize properly.
- After one side is seared, begin to shake the pan and toss shrimp to continue cooking another minute or two. Sprinkle with parsley (and also the optional seasoned bread crumbs if using) and saute'/toss one more minute. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.