Recipe by 2Bleu
Creamy and flavorful.
Top Review by taraluvsspicy82
I thought this was very good, hearty food. Perfect for my hungry father! Used ricotta instead of cottage cheese as a personal preferance but otherwise made as written. Came out creamy and beefy in the middle with a nice cheesy crust on top....YUM.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet sauté ground beef with Italian seasoning. Drain, add the chopped tomatoes and set aside.
- Begin cooking the egg noodles. While egg noodles are cooking, place in a large bowl the butter, salt, pepper, cream cheese, cottage cheese, and sour cream. Set aside.
- As soon as the noodles are cooked, drain in colander, shake water out, and immediately pour into the bowl with cheese mixture. Mix to coat noodles and melt cheese.
- Grease or spray a 9x13 deep dish lasagne pan. place half of noodle mixture into pan. Place 2/3 of the beef mixture on top. Sprinkle half the cheddar on top.
- Add remaining noodle mixture. Finally, add remaining beef mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.