1/16 Photos of Bird's Chicken Piccata
Picatta has never been simpler to make. Using cubed chicken makes it easy, economical, and diner friendly. This recipe is great served over pasta along with some garlic bread for a wonderfully elegant dinner. You can use veal or shrimp in place of the chicken if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1Combine flour, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika in a plastic grocery (or large ziplock) bag. Add chicken and shake to coat well. Set aside.
- 2Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Shake excess flour from chicken pieces and place in skillet and saute for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Do not overcook. Remove chicken from pan, and set aside, covered to keep warm.
- 3Remove all but 2 Tbsp of fat, retaining browned bits of breading. Stir wine and broth into pan drippings, deglazing the pan.
- 4Add lemon juice, capers, and parsley. Return chicken to skillet, tossing to coat. Reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly and chicken is cooked thru. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird's Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 988.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 27.2 g