- 1 lb lard (no substitutes)
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter (cheapest is fine)
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups flour (any kind)
- 2 cups oatmeal (any kind)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups bird seed
- 1 cup dried fruits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt lard and peanut butter, in microwave oven about 3 minutes, stirring each minute; then add in all other ingredients and mix together.
- Scrape into flat pan (9-13), cool in refrigerator until hard.
- Cut to desired size and wrap in plastic wrap or foil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place in small mesh bag (old produce bags work) and hang where birds can reach.
- Watch that other critters cannot get to it.