Birds love these cakes all winter. Watch they WILL melt in sun's heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt lard and peanut butter, in microwave oven about 3 minutes, stirring each minute; then add in all other ingredients and mix together.
- 2Scrape into flat pan (9-13), cool in refrigerator until hard.
- 3Cut to desired size and wrap in plastic wrap or foil.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5Place in small mesh bag (old produce bags work) and hang where birds can reach.
- 6Watch that other critters cannot get to it.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird Suet Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1227.1
- Calories from Fat 826
- Total Fat 91.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 325.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: