Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nick-named "Bird Seed" cookies by my office-mates daughter because of all of the nuts and seeds in these cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup seven-grain cereal
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In an extra large bowl mix all of the cereals, flax seed, nuts and chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and maple syrup at medium high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, and salt; sift once.
- Add flour mixture, alternately with oil, 1 cup at a time, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat at low speed, until smooth, after each addition.
- Fold cookie batter into the bowl of cereal, seeds, nuts, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop dough, by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets; gently pressing with hands.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.