Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
These adorable bird's nest place card holders are an edible treat the kids can help make. Published in the March 2016 Relish magazine.
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 lb jelly beans or 1 lb candy coated almonds
- Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 cups mini marshmellows and 1/4 cup butter over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add 4 cups chow mein noodles; stir gently until well coated.
- Butter your fingers and press the mixture into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup.
- Place jelly beans or candy coated almonds in nests.
- Refrigerate until firm, then gently remove from tin.
- Cut unlined card stock into 1 x 2-inch rectrangles and write the names of your guests on the cards. Position between the jelly beans or almonds in the nests.