A lovely tropical chicken salad.
Make and share this Bird of Paradise Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled peeled cored cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ripe papaya
- lettuce leaf
- 6 bunches red grapes (for garnish)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Put the chicken in a large bowl; add in pineapple, grapes, and mango (if you are not serving right away, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours; if you refrigerate longer, the pineapple tends to give off its juices).
- To make the dressing: whisk the mayonnaise, orange juice, and zest together in a small bowl.
- Stir in 1/4 cup nuts.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture; toss gently but thoroughly.
- Peel the papaya, using a vegetable peeler.
- Cut it in half, remove the seeds, and the cut it vertically into even slices.
- Line individual plates with lettuce leaves; mound the chicken salad in the middle of the plate; arrange papaya slices around the salad along with a cluster of grapes.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts; serve immediately.