1/1 Photo of Bird of Paradise Chicken Salad
A lovely tropical chicken salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups peeled peeled cored cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ripe papaya
- lettuce leaf
- 6 bunches red grapes (for garnish)
- 1Put the chicken in a large bowl; add in pineapple, grapes, and mango (if you are not serving right away, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours; if you refrigerate longer, the pineapple tends to give off its juices).
- 2To make the dressing: whisk the mayonnaise, orange juice, and zest together in a small bowl.
- 3Stir in 1/4 cup nuts.
- 4Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture; toss gently but thoroughly.
- 5Peel the papaya, using a vegetable peeler.
- 6Cut it in half, remove the seeds, and the cut it vertically into even slices.
- 7Line individual plates with lettuce leaves; mound the chicken salad in the middle of the plate; arrange papaya slices around the salad along with a cluster of grapes.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining nuts; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird of Paradise Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 268.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g