Recipe by Member #610488
This is an adaption of a Malay Chinese spice recipe which is "guaranteed" to keep the Bird Flu away from those who use it. I doubt it works but it is sure mighty tasty. Good for poultry and fish dishes.
- 2 dried red chilies
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Deseed and remove stems from the chilies.
- In a heavy frying pan or wok, dry-fry the first six ingredients until they give off a rich aroma. Remember to stir and shake the pan frequently until the spices are done.
- Allow to cool and then grind in a grinder. Stir in the nutmeg, star anise and turmeric.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight jar away from light for no more than one month.