Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is fun to make with kids from start to finish especially when they see the birds coming to eat on something they made
- Tie string to pine cone at bottom (narrow pointed end) cut string to desired length.
- Melt peanut butter& shortening in small saucepan.
- Add cornmeal.
- heat& stir for 3-4 min.
- until well mixed.
- Mix the birdseed into peanut butter mixture.
- using fingers put the mixture into the petals until it is full.
- chill for a few hours.
- Hang on a branch.
- Can be frozen so you always have some on hand.