This recipe is from Bird Watcher's Digest. I prefer using peanut butter because it doesn't melt outdoors in the summertime like grease does and birds love it! Cooking time does not include overnight refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slowly melt peanut butter, grease or fat over low heat.
- 2Add cornmeal or stale cereal crumbs.
- 3Slowly add enough warm water to make a stiff dough.
- 4Add birdseed and raisins, nut meats or chopped peanuts.
- 5Pack mixture into small foil pans or a large flat pan.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Cut into pieces for tying onto tree branches.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird Bread (bird food)
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3917.3
- Calories from Fat 2418
- Total Fat 268.7 g
- Saturated Fat 54.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2453.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 288.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 48.7 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 149.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: