Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong as know for Birchermuesli (Uncooked Oats with Fruit & Nuts), this is an adapted recipe that was given to me by a co-worker. The toasted almonds and raisins give this oatmeal-like dish a sweet appeal. Easy dish to make the night before, and have ready for breakfast in the fridge the next morning.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats, Preferably Organic
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Put oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds in 1 layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a rack, about 20 minutes.
- While Almonds cool, peel apples, and then coarsely grate on large holes of a box grater, turning the apples to avoid cores.
- Stir together with almonds and remaining ingredients in a bowl, then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Serves 4 – 6 people (Makes 3 ½ to 4 Cups).