Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was found on a website for traditional Swiss recipes. I like this one, because I am always looking for new breakfast cereals to try.
- 4 tablespoons oats
- 8 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons sweet evaporated milk or 4 tablespoons cream
- honey (use as less sugar as possible) or sugar, according to your own taste (use as less sugar as possible)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 8 apples
- Put oat flakes, water, sweet evaporated milk and juice of lemon in a bowl.
- Wash apples, cut in pieces, remove core (do not remove skin !)
- Grind apples into the bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar and honey according to your own taste and mix well again.
- Serve immediately.
- You may use plain yogurt instead of water and evaporated milk. You may also add cream, half and half or milk according to your own taste.
- Take any kind of berries, oranges or other fruits instead of or in addition to the apples.
- You may add 2 to 3 tablespoons grind almonds and/or hazelnuts.
Very tasty and healthy breakfast! I made 1/4 of the recipe (using only 1 apple) and used lowfat milk instead of cream. The ratio of oats to apples was different than most mueslis I've made but it was really good this way too. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
Delicious! And so easy too. I did make a change. I quartered the recipe and only used 1 apple. A great and healthy way to start the day. Oh, and I used almond milk instead of cream. Going into my keepers! Made for ZWT#7-Switzerland-2011.